The GMail Assistant for Alexa
We are happy to anounce the Amazon Alexa Skill for Google Mail. This skill is an in-house production of TEOP-Media and makes it possible for you to manage your inbox while brushing teeth, cooking or watching TV.
The Skill’s Functions:
- Unread Mails (the first 50) are read out (‘What are my new mails?’)
- Read out a specific mail (‘Alexa, open mail number X’) completely
- Delete Mails (‘Alexa, delete mail number X’)
- Mark mails as read (‘Alexa, mark mail number X as read’)
The Skill works as follows:
- Open the skill using the invocation: ‘Alexa, open Mail Hero.’
- If you have not authorized the skill yet, it will prompt you a Card in your Alexa App on your phone.
- Alexa will read out your unread mails as a list of sender and subject, e.g. ‘You have 2 unread mails. Mail number one from Elon Musk regarding ‘Your Model 3 reservation’, mail number two … ‘
- You can then wait until she read out all of them, or you can interrupt Alexa using ‘Alexa, open mail number X’ to open the mail with the number X and have it read out completely, ‘Alexa, delete mail number X’ or ‘Alexa, mark mail number X as read’.
- While she is reading a mail to you, you can also interrupt her using ‘Alexa, delete’ or ‘Alexa, mark as read’.
- At any time you can ‘go back’ using ‘Alexa, what are my new mails?’.
What the Skill can not do:
This post is also available in: German